Wednesday, February 26, 2014

CHANGES


January marked some major changes in my life. I started working 2nd week of this month after being a house bum for about 2 months. My work starts at 9 in the morning. I live in a place that’s 2-2.5 hours away from my work place so I have to wake up 3 or 4 hours earlier to prepare myself and all. I was never a morning person. Since the start of my 2nd year in college, my schedule was set in the afternoon so waking up before sunrise is definitely new for my body.


Before, I usually get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep a day. Today, 6 hours is the max I can get. Coffee is the only thing that keeps me alive; as if it’s the element that circulates into my veins instead of blood. I couldn't imagine myself surviving a day without caffeine. (I usually have 3-4 cups a day at the office.)


When it comes to working environment, I’m adapting steadily. I’m fortunate to have the most congenial officemates in the world that helps me to adjust quicker. I’ve learned to enjoy the work itself, and I am grateful to have new and old friends as my co-workers who make the workloads bearable. My focus towards work is not perfection but gradual improvement; precision takes time.


Mondays are always the death of me. It's the day when the lines going up the MRT station reach 1 kilometer long. The travel going to my office has been my daily battle for almost 2 months now. I've become a pro in judging (both constructively and destructively) people based on how they dress up, and I've mastered the art of playing asleep inside the train so I won't have to give my seat to other people (sorry girls for not being a gentleman, I NEED to sit). The case changes for elderly women though.


I never realized how hassle it was to travel via train during rush hour until I experienced it myself. My usual travel time is this: 15-20 minutes from my place to MRT station; 30 minutes – 1 hour falling in line (here's a picture of how long the line is but I think this is quite shorter compared to what I experience daily); 30 minutes from MRT to Ayala Station; 15-20 minutes from Ayala Station to the office.


A friend told me that the biggest challenge in work is not excelling but finding a work-life balance. I guess I failed at this challenge as my lifestyle is slowly changing into something I never saw coming. I only get to go out with friends during Fridays and I'm afraid I can no longer do such thing come our busy season. I'm already missing the good life.


Uniqlo button up | Straighforward Clothing shorts | Swatch shoes | NYS Collection sunglasses | Flying Dutchman bag

Hype this on lookbook here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment