Tuesday, December 17, 2013

WEEKEND PHOTO DIARY: GK ENCHANTED FARM

Bringing back the old portion of my blog, the Weekend Photo Diary! I used to post random pictures taken over the weekend, normally during family bondings/getaway. I stopped for some reasons but it's finally having it's comeback!

My friend's sister had an event held at Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm and since the place is just 20 minutes away from home and I have a lot of time to kill, I asked two of my friends to join me. It was a countryside Christmas fair that offers proudly Pinoy-made products by local artisans and social entrepreneurs. There were also fresh vegetables, stuffed toys, food and drinks around the area! All proceeds will benefit the victims of the supertyphoon Yolanda. Busog na, nakatulong pa!

I focused on photographing landscapes more than the items and food being sold; one thing I missed doing! The site is situated in Encanto, Angat, Bulacan. It's still under work in progress and I can't wait to see it when it's fully developed already! The established buildings have a very unique, intricate architecture with bamboos as main accent!

The event was attended by a lot of people, both locals and foreigners. There was a paid farm tour but we chose to explore the place by ourselves instead. 




Fishes caught in a fishing net


Look at those stairs. 


Houses for overnight stays



These would look extra beautiful when lighted at night!


So much love for hallways like this


Wall painting in one of the buildings. The statement says it all.


Obligatory flowers photo


Playground for the kids (and kids at heart)


My favorite spot, the Bamboo Palace! Perfect place for siesta as the fresh air blows like crazy! Should've brought a banig or duyan.



No hollow blocks and cement were used in building this Palace. Just pure organic materials!


Greenery will forever be pleasing to the eyes. Crazy wind was directly blowing on my face when I took this shot. Not complaining tho!


Bamboo Palace from another angle. I want this in my Hacienda! Hahaha parang meron eh



Tired feet from all the walking.

I can't wait to go back when the place is already well-developed! I heard there will be a swimming pool. So excited! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment