Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My blog turns 1!

Starting this post with the cliché saying “time flies so fast”. Indeed. Everything was a blur! I can still remember when I was on the process of creating this tumblr and now it turns a year old! As a birthday gift to my photo blog, here are my most favourite photographs (in different categories) to date + the story behind my blog title.




Full set here.




Full set here.




Full set here.


No matter what you do, do it with confidence.


“I’m afraid no one will read my blog” – I remember saying this to myself before I created this tumblr account. I’m always anxious of the possible outcomes of my works, to receive negative criticisms and to hear judgements. But I suddenly came to a realization: as long as I love what I’m doing, why should I care anyway?





Full sets here and here.



So at the eve of 19th of September 2011, inside room 212 of Soleil Residences (my former dormitory), I finally decided to create a tumblr account. I remember getting lost at first and being overwhelmed by the number of requirements I shall respond with. As I was filling up the empty blanks one by one, random thoughts were again bugging my mind but I tried so hard to refuse them all. After a jiffy, I came with the requirement Blog title. Hohwmaygahd. I can’t think of any! It’s taking me up a while to think of a good title when something ran into my head (cue: bright idea sound effect): NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE.





These are words to live by, I must say. There is and will always come a certain point in our lives that we feel like we’re not good or capable enough of doing something. We feel so down, pressured and insecure. Probably because we don’t believe in ourselves that we can do such things. Or fear hits us even before trying. Or people around us bring us down. Or we lack support from our family… 






Full sets here and here.


But we should not let those things stop us from chasing our dreams. We should realize that there’s an answer to them all: Confidence. By being confident, we can conquer the world and can do all things with ease. We don’t always have to consider what other people might think and say of our work – go ahead and finish what you’ve started and listen to criticisms afterwards.  If we know we can do it then don’t give up. “A lot of people will tell us that we can’t, all we have to do is turn our back and say: “Watch me!””









So stop feeling that you’re not good enough and start pursuing your dreams! Always remember:


0 comments:

Post a Comment