Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DIY 3/4-sleeved shirt

My first ever DIY for my own clothe! I am thinking of doing this a long time but I’m too lazy to start and worrying about the result. But how will I know the outcome if I won’t try? Anyway, this is just a simple DIY.

Here are the materials I used:



Scissors and ruler



3/4s shirt. (is that how you call it?) This served as my pattern for the sleeves.



And of course the shirt I DIY-ed.


Step 1. I used the ruler to measure how long the sleeves of my 3/4s are.



Step 2. I then realized it’s much easier if I just put the 3/4s over the long sleeves and cut the excess of the latter from the former haha



Step 3. For the ruler to have its purpose, I used it for marking.



Step 4. After cutting, stretch the ends of the sleeves for them to have a “rolling edge”. Sorry for the terms I am using haha


And here’s the finish product:


I decided to turn the long sleeves into 3/4s because they hug my arms too much I can’t pull ‘em up! I am very satisfied with the result! Very simple process yet very fulfilling :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment