Saturday, June 20, 2015

MALAYSIA 2015 PART 2: BATU CAVES

Located in Selangor, Batu Caves is a limestone hill that has a series of caves and cave temples and is an iconic, popular tourist attraction in Kuala Lumpur. This is just a 30-minute train ride from KL Sentral Station. Talk about convenience.


View from the train station.


Without seeing the mountains on the left side, the place looks just like a normal city.


Everyday wear.


Keen to details.




I failed at having a picture with all these doves around me. Maybe next time!



Landscape in front of the first cave called...


Art Gallery.


Me taking a photograph of my friend who's taking a photograph of our friends. #photographception


Colorful lights on the entrance hallway.




There's no way for history geeks not to appreciate this exhibit.


#emojisinthewild

There are a few animals freely moving in the area:





I wanted to take this dog home!


CAVE VILLA. At the end of this cave is a mini zoo that's home for a number of mostly reptiles.


The dim light and lack of fresh air make this place creepy and suffocating. I had a weird feeling a snake might suddenly flash anywhere and eat us all alive. In fact, the aquarium of the biggest snake was open because it was being cleaned-- my level of paranoia was incomparable. Nevertheless, I enjoyed our mini adventure!


Hey, croc.


Black and Gold, never gets old.


Panda-colored bunnies.


Just one of the maaany snakes in the zoo. I was able to carry one in Palawan but that wasn't enough to lessen my fear of this reptile.


I used to catch lizards when I was young...


Batu Cave's main attraction: The 140-feet tall statue of a Hindu God standing beside the 272-step stairs (I only counted 271 steps!) going to yet another cave.


Wikipedia told me it costed approximately 24 million rupees, is made of 1550 cubic metres of concrete, 250 tonnes of steel bars and 300 litres of gold paint brought in from Thailand.


You know they are your real friends when they ruin your souvenir photo.


Steepest staircase I ever climbed. Be careful to set your foot right on each level, unless you wanna roll down like a boulder.



There are monkeys wandering on the stairs which makes the climbing even harder, haha. I mean, the last thing you want is for this creature to cling on you. One of the monkeys successfully stole my friend's soda. What a first class snatcher.


This one is carrying a baby with her while munching on a coconut! I wonder if she stole that from other tourists?


I was already catching my breath at this point. *heavy breathing*


I made it on top! Congratulations, self.


City skyline.



This is what the cave looks like from the inside. There was an ongoing ritual of sorts when we arrived.





The only activity to do here is to appreciate the natural rock formations...


and do some photoshoot. What my friend can do to have the perfect angle. Symmetry is the key, right Bernard?

Singapore post is up next! Keep posted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment